DO NOT BUY FROM RIPWAVEMEDIA.COM
I created this blog to discuss a company called RipWaveMedia.com. RipWaveMedia.com is owned and operated by a complete and total theif. He (Alex) stole the company from a custom audio video dealer out of VA. He made connections thru the VA company and then decided he would do things on his own and steal the name RipWave.
Alex, Created RipWaveMedia.com in an effort to steal the name from his business partner in VA. The original website is Rip-Wave.com. Rip-Wave.com sells the Media Servers and also great matrix swichers, cables, mounts and other products made just for the custom installer.
RipWaveMedia.com has already got serveral bad reviews from lots of people. DO NOT BUY! The guy knows nothing about custom installation and every server that ships is simply something you could build yourself. There has been no "ease of use" added as promised on the websites front page.
You will receive the "Media Server" and here is what I will promise you.
- The case is generic (Just buy that on New Egg)
- The BlurRay ripper will not rip all BluRays
- The BluRay Drive will be off track and not eject because of poor packaging
- You will have to install a third party software to make auto rip work and good luck doing that. (not easy)
- No User Manual. (Alex thought this was a bad idea. "Yeah and he's custom!")
- Bad Customer Service (The guy will tell you everything is easy and blame problems on you)
Other things to consider
Alex is involved in another lawsuit with a company that he also stole from as well. This guy operates a fly by night operation and he will destroy everyone in his path including himself.
All in All. NOT A GOOD PERSON OR COMPANY TO BUY FROM.